Kenny Kalivoda is a partner with David Montgomery and Rich Connelly in the law firm of Hudson, Montgomery, Kalivoda and Connelly (Jim Hudson retired in 2007). He started working for the firm straight out of law school in 1981. Over these 35 years, he has become known in the community and around the state as an expert in representing people that have been injured. He has won hundreds of cases for his clients.
Kalivoda is a tough and honest trial lawyer. He works cases hard - pressing the lawyers on the other side to settle or go to trial. He knows how to move cases forward. When other lawyers have difficult cases against insurance companies, they often ask Kalivoda to come into the case with them. He then files the lawsuit and takes the case to trial.
Kalivoda was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1956, the son of a professor and homemaker. He moved to Athens with his family in 1968. He went to public school and graduated from Cedar Shoals High School in 1974. He went to the University of Georgia (UGA) earning his Bachelor's degree, magna cum laude, in political science. He went directly to law school at UGA earning his J.D. degree in 1981. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
He is admitted to practice before the Georgia Supreme Court, Court of Appeals of Georgia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, and U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia.
Kalivoda was President of the Western Circuit Bar Association from 2005 - 2006. He is a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice (previously known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), and Lawyers Foundation of Georgia.
Kenny Kalivoda is married to Dr. Trish Kalivoda, who retired from UGA as a Senior Associate Vice President for Public Service and Outreach.
- Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Collisions
- Lawsuits against Insurance Companies
- Bar Admissions:
- Georgia, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1986
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1981
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1981
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia,
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia,
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Representative Cases:
- Cotton States v. Brightman, 276 Ga. 683 (Georgia Supreme Court 2003)
- Tolbert v. Duckworth, 262 Ga. 622 (Georgia Supreme Court 1992)